Friday, December 6, 2013

Quiche, My Way!

I absolutely love hearty foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  A good quiche will fit that bill for any of your meals!  This is my version I made for a lazy, iced in, no work day.  Be creative when you cook; if you don't like what you've created; figure out what is wrong and try again!
Oh, and unfortunately this is not very low calorie; but I sooooo wanted it this cold day!  I'll just have to be extra 'good' the rest of the day!

Quiche, My Way!

1 - 9" pre-made unbaked pie crust; (your own or store bought)

Saute lightly, you still want them to hold their shape:
1/4 red onion sliced thin
1 TBSP. chopped poblano pepper
3 large sliced  mushrooms
3-4 slices deli hammed, chopped into cubes

Whisk together well:
6 large eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
salt, pepper, creole seasoning to taste

Place baby spinach leaves on bottom of pie shell.  Layer sautéed vegetables; then gently pour egg mixture over.  Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until quiche is set and lightly browned.  Allow to slightly cool or serve at room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment